Listed below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding shareholdings in Moneysupermarket.com Group PLC.

Who are our registrars?

Capita are our registrars and they can be contacted at:

Capita Asset Services
The Registry
34 Beckenham Road

Email: moneysupermarketshares@capita.co.uk
Shareholder Portal: www.moneysupermarket-shares.com
Web: www.capitaassetservices.com

Telephone: 0371 200 1536 (UK)
(Calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Lines are open 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday - Friday)
Telephone: +44 (0)20 3008 2245 (from outside the UK)

How do I advise you of a change of address?

If you have moved you need to inform our registrars. You can do this by either:

  • using the Moneysupermarket.com Group PLC Shareholder Portal at www.moneysupermarket-shares.com; or
  • downloading and completing the Change of Address Form and returning it to our registrars; or
  • advising our registrars of your new address in writing at the address detailed above; or
  • contacting the shareholder helpline on the telephone number detailed above.
I have changed my name, what should I do?

Please write to our registrars stating the following information:

  • the company you hold shares in
  • full details of both your old and new names. Please ensure your old name is exactly how it appears on the share certificate or dividend tax voucher.
  • your investor code, which can be found on your share certificate or dividend tax voucher.

You should also enclose the share certificate(s) representing your total holding and one of the following as appropriate:

  • an original marriage certificate
  • an original deed poll
  • a statutory declaration (acceptable if it has both your old and new signatures).

If you are a previously married woman and wish to revert to your maiden name after a divorce our registrars will require:

  • a copy of the decree absolute together with the original marriage certificate to confirm your maiden name
  • a copy of the decree absolute together with your birth certificate if the marriage certificate is not available.

Corporate shareholders should write to our registrars, enclosing:

  • an original of the Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name
  • share certificate(s) representing the total holding
How do I transfer my shares?

In order to carry out a private share transfer, please download and complete a Stock Transfer Form. If you have any queries in relation to the form or if you hold your shares through a nominee account, please contact our registrars.

How do I donate my shares to charity?

As it is often uneconomical to sell small numbers of shares, the Orr Mackintosh Foundation, a registered charity, administers a charity share donation scheme called 'ShareGift'. Shares are transferred to the name of the Foundation and aggregated until such a time that they can be sold. The proceeds are then given to a growing number of UK charities.

ShareGift can also assist with larger, tax efficient gifts of shares that you may wish to make to charity.

For more information on any aspects of ShareGift visit their website or alternatively visit the HMRC website.

How do I register the death of a shareholder?

Please contact our registrars in writing to confirm the documentation required to register the death of a shareholder. This is dependent on the type of shareholding and the number of shareholders. Please state the following in the correspondence with our registrars:

  • the company the deceased owned shares in
  • the full name of the deceased as shown on the share certificate
  • the names of any additional shareholders as shown on the share certificate

If you have documentation recording the death of the shareholder please enclose one of the following to our registrars:

  • a sealed copy of grant of probate or letters of administration. For Scottish residents the equivalent document is a certificate of confirmation
  • the share certificate(s) representing the total holding.

If the account was held jointly with another person please enclose the death certificate and share certificate for amendment.

I have lost my share certificate, how do I request a replacement?

Please ensure you have conducted a thorough search for the share certificate as there is an administration charge by our registrars associated with a replacement share certificate. If you are satisfied that you cannot locate your share certificate please contact our registrars in writing stating the following:

  • the company you hold shares in
  • your name and address exactly as it appears on the register this can be seen on your dividend tax voucher
  • your investor code. This can be found on your dividend tax voucher
  • the share certificate number. If possible, state the number of the share certificate that is missing or the numbers of any other share certificates still in your possession
  • is the share certificate lost or stolen? If the share certificate was stolen our registrars will require the crime reference number issued by the police
  • if there is more than one shareholder, all parties must sign any communication.

Once our registrars have received your communication they will send a formal letter of indemnity for completion. If you wish to sell your shares, some stockbrokers will accept the completed letter of indemnity instead of the missing certificate.

An administration fee may be charged by our registrars for this service. If the certificate is found after the letter of indemnity has been issued this charge will still apply.

Please note that any transfer or sale of shares using a certificate that has been reported lost or stolen will be rejected unless the letter of indemnity is returned to our registrars with the administration fee and confirmation that the share certificate has been found.

Where the shares represented by the missing share certificate have a value exceeding £100 it is necessary for the letter of indemnity to be counter-signed by a suitably authorised bank, insurance company or guarantee society. Our registrars can arrange cover on your behalf and any additional cover fees will be confirmed in the letter of indemnity.

Once you have completed the letter of indemnity please send it to our registrars, together with the appropriate fee stated in the letter. Cheques should be made payable to Capita Registrars Limited. Please note that our registrars cannot accept payment by cash or postal order.

When the letter of indemnity has been received by our registrars, fully completed with the appropriate payment, a duplicate certificate will be issued to the registered address, unless our registrars are instructed otherwise.

* you can also request a letter of indemnity by contacting the helpline.

I have found a certificate that I reported lost, what should I do?

If you have returned a completed letter of indemnity the share certificate is now invalid and should be sent back to our registrars for cancellation.

If you have not returned the completed letter of indemnity, you should return this to our registrars with the administration fee and confirmation that the share certificate has been found. The certificate will then be made valid.

What are dividends?

A profitable company may distribute some of its profits among the company's shareholders as a dividend payment.

When will I receive my dividends?

For more details, please see our Dividend Policy and Financial Calendar.

I have lost my dividend cheque, how do I request a replacement?

You should contact our registrars in writing, giving details of the dividend cheque that has been lost. Please ensure you state the company in which you hold shares and your full name and address as it appears on the register; this can be seen on your share certificate.

Please note that there may be an administration charge by our registrars for a replacement cheque. Please contact our registrars to confirm whether there will be an administration charge

What are the advantages of having dividends paid straight into my bank account?

Having dividends paid into your bank account means you can:

  1. ensure receipt of your dividend in the designated bank account
  2. avoid waiting for the dividend cheque to clear allowing you to earn interest or draw on the funds immediately
  3. ensure you receive the dividends even if you have moved house and not informed our registrars
  4. minimise the risk of theft or fraud
How do I change or add a dividend mandate?

You can set up and update your dividend mandate by either:

How do I manage my shareholding details online?

You can view and manage your account details online at the Shareholder Portal at www.moneysupermarket-shares.com.

Can you provide information about dealing in Moneysupermarket.com Group PLC shares?

Capita Share Dealing Services

A quick and easy share dealing service to either sell or buy shares in many leading UK companies is provided by Capita Asset Services. An online and telephone facility is available providing our shareholders with an easy to access and simple to use service.

There's no need to pre-register and there are no complicated forms to fill in. The online and telephone dealing services allow you to trade "real time" at a known price which will be given to you at the time you give your instruction.

To deal online or by telephone all you need is your surname, Investor Code, full postcode and your date of birth. Your Investor Code can be found on a recent share certificate or tax voucher. Please have the appropriate documents to hand when you log on or call, as this information will be needed before you can buy or sell shares.

For further information on this service, or to buy and sell shares, please contact:

  • www.capitadeal.com (online dealing)
  • 0371 664 0445 (telephone dealing – calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Calls outside the United Kingdom will be charged at the applicable international rate. We are open between 8.00am–4.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England)

Full terms, conditions and risks apply and are available on request or by visiting www.capitadeal.com.

This is not a recommendation to buy or sell shares. The price of shares can go down as well as up, and you are not guaranteed to get back the amount that you originally invested.

Capita Asset Services is a trading name of Capita IRG Trustees Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.